Nationally recognised training is any programme of training leading to vocational qualifications and credentials that are recognised across Australia. It includes studying at a registered training organisation. Nationally recognised training courses are listed on training.gov.au. Only Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) can deliver nationally recognised training and issue nationally recognised qualifications or statements of attainment.
The advantages of studying a nationally recognised course are:
- You will gain a qualification that has been developed in consultation with industry;
- Your qualification will be recognised by industry across Australia;
- It is generally easier to obtain credit or advanced standing towards further studies;
- Your course is subject to review and audit by the Australian Skills Quality Authority; and
- You can be assured that your course meets the standards required to be nationally recognised.